I am sorry I was not able to be present at the Retreat held on Saturday, which I understand went very well. Unfortunately, several persons who had indicated they would attend were not present, but those who were there were treated to relaxation, self nurturing and learning how to lead the best life.
Following lunch, volunteers split into groups and several committed to heading committees on:
- Domestic Violence – ensuring that at least one volunteer is attached to each Police Station so that they can be called in to talk to victims of family violence who may present at the station.
- Courtwatch – ensuring that victims of family violence and abuse have the support of at least one of our volunteers when they prepare for the court experience and while they attend court.
- Fund Raising – organising events to raise funds for the Crisis Centre.
- Media – arranging media cover for events organized by the Centre
- School Events – arranging speakers for presentations at schools and ensuring that brochures are available for such events.
- Volunteer Co-ordinator – updating the volunteer list to ensure everyone on the list is actively involved in the Crisis Centre and to keep in touch with those who are active.
It is hoped that heads of the committees above will keep in touch with their committee members and will arrange individual meetings so that reports of progress can be made at the general meetings.
Several comments were made about communication problems with the Centre and volunteers are once again reminded that, should you not hear from the Centre either by phone or email, please call 328-0922 to ensure your telephone number and email address are correct. Also, it is advisable to check your junk mail to make sure any communication from the Centre has not gone into that box.
We thank all of you for your support of the Crisis Centre and look forward to an exciting year ahead.
The next meeting will be held on Saturday 20th March at 10.00 am at Knowles House.