Archive for June, 2011
June 21, 2011 3 comments
- The Launch of the Photo Campaign on Domestic Violence is to be held at a date to be announced. Following the launch, photos depicting domestic violence are to be mounted at strategic points around the island of New Providence.
- There will be an Exhibition at the Mall at Marathon at the end of July on the theme Say No to Domestic Violence-Domestic Violence is Everybody’s Business. Government Departments and other Agencies are to be invited to participate.
- On Saturday, 25th June, there will be a Planning Meeting for a rally to be held at Arawak Cay on 5th or 12th September with the theme ‘Take Back the Night from Criminal Elements”. Women’s and Men’s Groups will be invited to attend. Anybody interested in assisting with this project could please call the office on 328-0922.
- Lindsay Thompson is to spearhead a proactive campaign to prevent Domestic Violence.
- To commemorate the Day to End Sexual Violence, a half day seminar will be held at the Paul Farquharson Conference Centre at Police Headquarters on East Street. The focus will be on men and women as allies to end Sexual Violence.
- In November there will be a newspaper supplement on Domestic Violence.
We thank all our volunteers who continue to support the Centre and wish everyone a safe, enjoyable and peaceful summer.
June 14, 2011 Leave a comment