There were several new volunteers along with more veteran volunteers at the meeting. As this is the Crisis Centre’s 30th year in offering services to the community, several events are proposed to celebrate our achievements.
The agenda for this meeting included;
- The Silent Witness Project will take place on Saturday 10th March at the Mall at Marathon.
- KPMG is holding a Walk on Saturday 4th February and part proceeds will go to the Crisis Centre. We will have a table to display information on the Centre. Volunteers are asked to support the event. More information is available from the Crisis Centre.
- It is proposed to hold a Crisis Centre Walk in June and sports organizations are being approached to assist with this venture.
- The idea is being explored of holding a Tea Party at Government House in June.
- The Peace Conference is to be held in September with representatives attending from all over the Caribbean.
- Training continues for visits to the schools for the Bullying Campaign and Healthy Relationships and volunteers are reminded that training for the latter will take place on Saturday, 4th February and 11th February at the J Whitney Pinder building on Collins Avenue. Please contact the office if you are interested in participating.
We really need volunteers to spearhead these events. The work load for the Administrator in the office is very heavy and we rely on volunteers to do as much work as they can on proposed activities, liaising, of course, with the office as plans progress. We are grateful for everyone’s help and really could not plan any events without our volunteers.